Frequently Asked Questions
Shared Ride Van is the most economical way to travel to and from Seatac Airport. It means you “share the ride” with others going in your direction. Our service and fares are based on multiple stops, and because passengers arrive on different flights and times, we offer scheduled - share ride departures from the airport. Because you’re sharing a ride, you’re also sharing the cost, which helps keep our fares lower than taxi fare. By utilizing this “green” service you reduce your carbon footprint and your expense. Here’s how it works:
- We create a “reservation” when you book online, over the phone, or in person at the airport, and your address is either added to an existing trip or it starts a new trip (based upon demand and availability).
- A van may be held a few minutes, which allows us to group passengers, keeping fares low.
- Dispatchers/Airport Coordinators monitor the departure time of each trip, keeping hold times and number of stops as low as possible for each customer. At times you may experience a wait at SeaTac Airport because of heavy traffic, weather issues, or other factors out of our control. If you prefer immediate service, try our outstanding Private Van or Direct Van service.
Pre-booked reservations to the airport are required for guaranteed service from home/business/hotel addresses. "Walk-on/Flag Stop" service is available through local hotels and regular stops, on a space-available basis. "Walk-on/Flag Stop" times may be adjusted or cancelled without notice, due to uncontrollable circumstances. Guaranteed service is by reservation only. Your estimated pick-up time is based on the Transportation Security Administration’s recommendation that you arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight. We work hard to ensure we get you to the airport 90 minutes before your flight, but circumstances out of our control do happen. Severe weather, major accidents, and heavy traffic may delay your arrival.
We’ll give you your pick-up time going to the airport at the time of booking. Slight adjustments to your pickup time (up to 20 minutes) may be made to accommodate other passengers with similar flight times to yours and to allow for an sufficient time to arrive at the airport. We will contact you via your phone number/email regarding any pickup time adjustment. On the day of your pickup, expect your driver to arrive up to 10 minutes before the pick-up time and up to 10 minutes after. This pick-up window allows for extra traffic, weather, and unforeseen delays. For example, if your pick-up time is 10:00 am, your pick-up window is between 9:50 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. If your driver does not arrive by the end of the pickup window time, please call our dispatch ASAP at 360-754-7113.
We welcome service and emotional support animals on Capital Aeroporter vehicles. To ensure that both you and your service/emotional support animal travel easily and comfortably, please review the following information.
Traveling with a service animal
- Please inform the customer service agent upon booking or notate in online reservation that you'll be traveling with a service animal so that we may account for all animals onboard the vehicle.
- There is no additional charge to travel with a working service animal.
- When accompanied by a service animal you may bring your animal's kennel to be carried in the rear cargo area - free of charge.
- Your service animal may sit at your feet, unless the service animal is too large and obstructs an aisle or other area used for an emergency exit.
- If you are traveling with a service animal we will do everything we can to seat you in a row with the most legroom.
- When traveling with a service animal you are not permitted to sit in an emergency exit area.
- We recommend choosing a front row seat so the service animal is safe from foot traffic.
- A harness, tag or vest indicating status as a service animal will be helpful in distinguishing them to Capital Aeroporter and airport personnel. However, credible verbal assurance that the animal is providing a service to assist with a disability will suffice, should an inquiry be made.
Your service animal must occupy your own space and cannot be in a seat. Also, they cannot obstruct aisles or areas that must remain clear for emergency exit. If your service animal does not fit the area available, one of our customer service agents will:
- Find an alternate shuttle with more room for you and your service animal.
- If your service animal is not needed during the airport transfer or ground transport, we will transport your service animal in a crate or kennel that you provide, in the climate-controlled cargo area in the rear of the vehicle. The animal will be immediately returned to you upon arrival at your destination. There is no additional charge for service animals that travel in the cargo area of the vehicle.
Traveling with a support animal
You may travel with an emotional/psychiatric support animal in the passenger area if you are a qualified individual with a disability and certain documentation requirements are met. Prior to boarding or after booking, you must present current documentation to one of our customer service agents. It must not be more than one year old and it must be on letterhead from a mental health professional or medical doctor who is treating your mental health-related disability. The letter must state the following:
- That you have a mental or emotional disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition (DSM IV).
- That you need the emotional support or psychiatric service animal as an accommodation for air travel and/or for activity at your destination.
- The letter must come from a licensed mental health professional, you must be under his/her professional care.
- The letter MUST contain the date, the mental health professional's or medical doctor's license, and the state or other jurisdiction in which it was issued.
All of the above specific criteria must be provided to accept your emotional/psychiatric support animal for travel in the passenger cabin. Advance notice is strongly recommended to ensure all paperwork is in order. When traveling with an emotional/psychiatric support animal you are not permitted to sit in an emergency exit row.
Shared Ride: We accept all the major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover), and MasterCard and Visa debit cards, charged at the time of booking, by phone or online. For Shared Ride service, we also accept cash, local check, credit/debit card or traveler’s check at the time of travel (except for outerlying/long-distance areas and groups of 4 or more passengers – credit card required).
Private Van, Direct Van and Seattle Cruise Ship/Downtown Seattle Service: We accept major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and Diners) and MasterCard and Visa debit cards. You can prepay with your credit card by calling our Customer Service Center or by choosing the credit card option when booking online. We do not accept cash for these services.
Credit Card Policy: For rides booked online or by phone, credit card will be charged at time of booking. Please note that if you add a gratuity at the time of travel, you will see a separate charge for the tip on your credit card statement. All premium services (including Private Van, Direct Van or Charter services) require a credit card and will be charged at the time of booking. Please note that if you add a gratuity at the time of travel, you will see a separate charge for the tip on your credit card statement.